The good news:
You got your first project.
The flip side:
You may not have any PM experience.
You may have done bits and pieces of the PM job before.
You may have created a project plan.
You’ve spoken with clients.
But you’ve never really created a project charter
… a project management plan …
… or a risk management plan.
All these formal activities, you’ve never done any of that.
But no matter what project – it always starts with creating the documentation.
So you google “Project management documents”...
And you come across these intimidating lists of the documents you need to compile:
- Project Management Plan
- Project Schedule
- Project Budget
- Requirements Documentation
- Change management plan
- Issue Log
- Stakeholder Register
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Resource Breakdown Structure
Do you need all these documents?
You are not sure.
What you know for sure: All eyes are on you, and your boss is expecting it to get things moving quickly. Set up the project, meet with the client, get to work.
The client is already waiting for you to show up.
So you need to compile all these documents.
But you say to yourself:
“I don’t understand how to create all these documents and I don’t know how to write them in a way that sounds official”
And there’s really nobody you could ask for help.
If you approached your coworkers, they may say: 'Hey, you are the project leader, YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO KNOW THIS!'
And what if you messed up? What will your boss, your client, your coworkers say?
For good reasons, you are getting nervous. Because:
You don’t want to fail miserably by sending around documents that sound like they were written by an AMATEUR.
Because in the end, the customer and other high-level folks will look at your documents.
And if it looks like you don’t know what you are talking about, that’s a problem.
Receiving an email like this could have drastic consequences.
The project may be given to somebody else.
Or this may be your last project.
At the very least, it will create a lot of anxiety and stress for you, that will kill your self-confidence and distract you from doing your job the best way you can.
So the fact that you are taking the project documentation topic seriously is absolutely right.
Because here’s the thing:
If you are not able to create project documentation that looks professional, you can’t command respect from anybody – neither from your client nor from your team.
But you need that respect so that everybody will view you as the leader.
So that people will listen to you.
So that people will follow your orders.
So that you’ll hit your milestones.
So that you’ll be the next person up for a big promotion.
And get the most exciting projects at your company.
You want to become the project manager that your boss is happy to trust with any project and any task, no matter how difficult.
The good news is: Creating professionally-looking project documents isn’t rocket science. You can have all the necessary documents ready in one week!
Yes, it shouldn’t take you longer than that!
I usually had all my documents ready in one week.
And the projects I used to manage were big corporate projects such as IT implementations. Complex scope, lots of people involved.
My advantage was that I had templates for every purpose, so that made the process very easy!
It was almost like painting by numbers:
There is a section for each type of information regarding your project:
For example, the scope just goes into the project charter, the risks go into the risk log, the meeting schedule you put into the communication plan and so on.
You just keep going.
And once you have all your documents ready, you have a well-planned project that you can start confidently!
And anybody who will review and approve your documents will see that you have put in the work and you know what you are doing:
Now the question is: what documents do you need for your project?
How do you actually create documents that look professional, even when you have little or no PM experience?
I can help you.
I have put together an instant-access video course with the must-have project management document templates, plus to-the-point, step-by-step walkthroughs which walk you through the process of putting together all your project documents.
This way, you’ll be able to create all the necessary documents for your project in just a week - no matter how big your workload currently is.
Effortless Project Documentation: Successfully create ALL the necessary official-looking project documents that impress your client, your manager and your teammates - IN JUST A WEEK.
To help you solve the project documentation problem once and for all, I created a step-by-step online video course with instant access that will help you effortlessly create impressive documentation for your next project - in just a week.The Effortless Project Documents course will help you turn e-mails like this …
Into e-mails like this:
This course includes two key components that you need:
- My Project Template Pack with all the necessary project document templates enabling you to create your documentation as fast as possible.
- Step-by-step video-based instructions where I show you how each template is used, how you can come up with the right content and how to adapt it for your needs.
- Decide which documents you must create for your project – and which ones you don’t need to bother about
- Quickly gather the needed input so you can come up with great content
- Write an executive summary and other content in a very professional language, so that it feels like it was written by a professional writer
INCLUDED: Plain-language, actionable instructions for each document
INCLUDED: My Project Template Pack for rapid project ramp-up:
- Project Schedule: Create a professionally-looking, shareable schedule in Excel within minutes
- Project Budget: Plan out even big projects within one hour (includes actuals tracking)
- To-Do List: Record your open tasks and issues here
- Project Charter: This executive-friendly format that will assist you in getting your project approved quickly and without going through mind-numbing iterations (BONUS: I have included sample content for a real-world-project)
- Requirement Specification Document: A smart Word template to capture your customer's needs - with automatic requirement numbering!
- Project Kick-off Deck: My 14-page PowerPoint deck features a real-world project
- RAID Log: Effective format for sharing risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies with your client
- Risk Log: The most efficient solution for solid risk management in a project
- The Gantt Scheduler: An Excel alternative to Microsoft Project
- Change Request Form and Tracker: To ensure you always have 100% clarity on what the original budget was and what features and costs came on top
- Project Status Dashboard: This 1-page report has served me well in holding my team accountable and getting the customer to do his part.
- Lessons Learned Template: The only template you need for a lessons learned workshop
You’ll get all of the above templates when signing up for this course!
Normally you would have to buy those templates separately for $57.
These are the templates you need to plan and manage your project.
Examples of templates included in the course
You even get a project charter with a complete, realistic project example:
Hi, I'm Adrian
What people are saying about my content
"I bumped into your site when I was looking for information on creating project documentation. It was extremely helpful for me. So precise and to the point!"
"Your templates are real life-savers!"
"I planned out a budget for a very large project in one hour. Normally this would have taken me all day"
No risk for you - My 30-day money-back guarantee
I put a lot of effort into making this a very useful and practical course. If you still feel it's not what you were looking for, I'm happy to give you back your investment within 30 days after your purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
You have lifetime access, so you can always access the course, the videos and all the included documents whenever you want.
What if I'm unhappy with the course?
I'm committed to providing you with the best material you can find on this subject. If you still feel the course is not what you expected, I'm happy to give you back your investment within 30 days after purchase.
I have a question about the course.
You can email me at [email protected]